How does it work?
- Organic hemp flour results from removing hemp oil from hemp seed. Seeds of the hemp plant are relatively oily. About 30% of their makeup is oil. Once that oil is removed, what remains is a dense cake. In order to break the cake apart into usable flour, it must be ground. It’s far too dense to be used as a baking flour on its own, but when combined with other flours, it brings a nutty, rich flavor and a big nutritional wallop.
- Adding the flour to wheat, barley, soy, or other flours in a ratio of one part hemp flour to four parts another flour deepens the texture, resulting in a heavier, chewier bread. It is gluten-free, so organic hemp flour doesn’t rise on its own. Adding it to baked goods such as bread, muffins, waffles, and the like provides a nice serving of fiber, offers lots of omega essential fatty acids, and increases the digestible protein to boot.
- Directions for use: Suitable for raw salty crackers and bars. Add directly to salad or smoothie. Hemp flour can be used in baking when making muffins, cakes, bread, pastries, and biscuits. Add to homemade granola mix for breakfast. Buy online now at Bulgar Herbs Limited.
- Nutritional information per 100 g: Energy – 254.22 kcal/1063.66 kJ Fat – 11.82 g Protein – 30.16 g Carbohydrates – 6.80 g
- Storage: Store at a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight. Ingredients: Hemp flour